Welcome to Proverbs 12:1

Greetings in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ and welcome to Proverbs 12:1...
a place where you can share thoughts and ideas about the Bible, ministry, and theology.
We hope you visit often! God bless you as you serve Him!

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Blessings!

A couple of weeks ago I had the privilege to baptize Allie Atcheson. She is a young elementary student who accepted Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior. She completely understand that her baptism was in obedience to Christ and was a testimony for others to see.

What made it such a HUGE blessing was that I baptized her father, Brandon, when he was in my youth group. Now...it definitely ages me...BUT nothing was more of a blessing than to see God's grace touch that little girl's heart becuase her dad and mom shared the love of Christ with her. To know that I was there for two generations was a blessing to me. Glory to God for His grace.

What is equally cool is that this weekend I am performing Rob Copeland's wedding. Rob was in my youth group, came back to teach in our church youth group, and has simply lived for Christ daily. He now lives in Seattle, but I am here getting to be a part of the ceremony as he and Kristin exchange vows.

What can be a greater blessing than to see kids you taught and shared with follow Christ? It is truly an amazing feeling.

Serving Christ is truly full of blessings!

No comments: